Water Restoration Services
Each year, one out of every ten homes has some degree of water damage. Most of this damage occurs due to some type of plumbing failure. When water damage due to a plumbing failure occurs, it is important that you quickly locate your main water valve and stop the flow of water to your house. If the problem is easily identifiable, such as a failed water heater, stop the water source to that area as quickly as possible. Contact your plumber and have the failure assessed for repair.
Next contact a professional restoration company to extract the water from your home and dry the affected areas as soon as possible. Water damage is unpredictable and can be devastating. Mold can start growing in as little as 48 hours so it is necessary to act quickly! By contacting Clean Health Carpet Care, we can be on site within 1 hour of your call to help minimize any extensive damage and most importantly, we are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our highly-trained service professionals are trained on current procedures, such as Rapid Structural Drying, to dry your carpet and home as quickly as possible, using state-of-the-art equipment and technology.
In the event of water damage, do the following:
- Remain calm! Call Clean Health Carpet Care.
- Turn the water source off. This may reduce the amount of water damage to your home.
- Turn off the circuit breaker in the affected area before you unplug or remove any electrical devices located on the wet carpet.
- Remove items (books, papers, plants, shoes, etc.) which may stain wet carpet.
- Place small pieces of aluminum foil under the legs of any furniture which is in contact with wet carpet.
- Pin up upholstered furniture skirts which may get wet.
Do not attempt the following:
- Don’t place newspaper in traffic areas to walk on, since newspaper ink transfers easily to the wet carpet fibers and may result in permanent staining.
- Don’t walk on carpet any more than necessary. This will keep the damage from spreading to unaffected areas.